Hello Family and Friends. I hope you all are doing well, keeping busy, and enjoying life! We keep our self hopping with school (Adam), cooking, cleaning ( me and me, Adam sometimes), and playing with our fast growing little girl! We enjoy her funny personality and her joy for life. She loves playing so much that we have a hard time putting her to sleep. So we've started the dreaded sleep training. Oh before you get too many ideas about what cruel things we are doing: let me spell it out for you .
We have a routine for her every night that stays the same. Bath, PJ's, book, --etc. And we all do all of this in her room (except the bath part) to let her know her room is a safe place. And then I have Adam come in and say goodnight and then we put her down awake so she can self-soothe herself into slumber. At least that the idea. Then comes the hard part. She cries.
So.. I check on her in 5 mins. Go in her bedroom for no more than 30 sec and tell her everything ok, then leave. (No touching, that would be mean.) The you go 10 mins, 15 mins, 20 mins, until she is finally peacefully. Our second night (last night) went really well! We put her down at 8 pm-- and she finally was asleep by 9:15 pm! She woke up once at 3 am, but then went back to sleep after a feeding. Then she woke for good at 6:45 am. Wonderful right! Adam and I were actually able to have a nice night. I feel so much better when I actually get sleep!
Well here's some pictures of our trip to AZ. Adam wasn't able to go though :( He is just working like crazy being the best computer programmer he can be!
 |
| My two favorite people in the whole world! |
 |
| Baby-zilla! |
 |
| Being super cute like Cindy-Loo-Who. |
 |
| This is the first time she meet her cosin Alonzo. She was a little worried. |
 |
| Cousins Admiring the cutest Beverly Sieler! |
 |
| She loves the attention! |
 |
| At Ross chillin' in the baby leather chair. |
 |
| Cooling down, from the hot AZ sun. |
 |
| Sombrero. |
 |
| With Great Grandma Smith's wig on. |
 |
| Pinata time! |
 |
| We played hard--and slept harder! |
 |
| Ready for Sunday. |
 |
| Annalee and me-- |
 |
| Not sure how I got this pic-- but I just couldn't resist adding it. |
 |
| Helping me pack to come home. |
 |
| On the plane just about to get off. |
No comments:
Post a Comment