Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winding down...To the End of the Semester





Okay here is the life of a college student. I will go over what I did yesterday.



I woke up at 9 am--all ready to take a shower--but seeing Karen was already showering I waited.



9:15 Am I got in the shower.



9:30 got dressed, dried my hair well enough, and got my books together.



(yes I skipped breakfast :- O )



10 Am went to Physical Anthropology--my favorite class. we take tons of notes but the teacher, Ms Blan is hilarious. I had her for my freshman year--and I swear she is so laied back--she even talked like a surfer dude. Like cha!



11 Am got out of class walked over to the post office. I walk through this pretty part of campus where there are trees, and its super pretty because of all the fall leaves. :)



I got a letter from mom, a phone book, and something about.. oh I forgot--it was junk anyway.



11-12? I don't know what i did then.. I think i studied a bit and ate mac n cheese.



1 Pm i went to my institute class: Pearl of Great Price. :) Brother Wright is such an amazing teacher! We learned about The Wentworth Letter and The articles of faith. If you haven't read the Wentworth Letter--it is AMAZING! I only read about 3 paragraphs from it--but boy oh boy were they inspirational!



2 Pm I went to my math class where I took NONSTOP notes. Gotta pass that class! (plus I had a test today on chapter 13.. yeah...)



3 Pm I worked on my Writing About Literature class, Emily Dickinson poems. Phew! She is crazy intense....



4 Pm Library to study with my friend Hung--she is hilarious, she is a student studying here from China. Hung still talks in broken English, but she does quite well.



5 Pm went home and studied some MORE--about Dickinson. And then started on my 6 page paper. :) ( intense you say...? Yes it was!)



6 Pm I started getting ready for FHE :) I curled my hair all pretty. But my stupid curling iron took FOREVER to heat up, so I cooked my dinner too. ( Yummie crescent rolls. :) Ooh yah!)



7 Pm FHE--we had it outside, and we got to see the cool cresent moon, that had 2 stars under it, creating a triangle. I was told it was something that wouldnt't happen for 200 years. Yep its pretty amazing. Our ward was combine and our leaders provided hot chocolate, s'more makings, and donuts. Emily and I had supers amounts of fun! we roasted marshmallows, and I made a super Delicious s'more. We saw our friend Wendy Smith, she spunky funny girl.



8 Pm went home and chilled with Emily for a while before I dived into my 6 page paper.



8:30 ish I went into full anti-social mode to finish my paper. Furiously I was interpreting poems, highlighting passages, reading an re-reading Lacan (crazy theories about "self" and such...)



Until 10 Pm it was pretty much a blur.



10 Pm Matt and Race came over to get emily--to got to the HOT TUBS. :) I couldn't go... Sad....



11 Pm I watched the end of white Christmas with Karen and then back to my homework.



by 11:30 Karen went to sleep--but I kept on trudging.



12 Pm i was EXHAUSTED. I think my eye actually started twitching... weird.



12:20 it was finally time to go to bed. Brush my teeth. and such I opened the door to the bathroom and Karen was muttering something. The she said,: " Ashley dear what are you doing? we'll talk to her tomorrow." it was super funny!



Hit the pillow and I was OUT. Ahhhh the comfie-ness of my bed and my snowman pajamas.



And that was the day in the Life of Rebecca Smith: A college Sophomore.

1 comment:

Shash said...

Oh man! I wish i was there! Silly silly Karen! I miss hearing the stories of her dreams. I hope you did good with that paper.
that is so funny! that made me laugh! I hope i get cool roommates again... something tells me they will never be as good as you 3 though! sad day for tacia! oh well.
Good Luck Tomorrow!
Wuv,
Shasy!
CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!! :D