Hello, from the Newest Nickle--
It seems like my wedding happened ages ago...but in fact it was just 2 little months ago. :) And if were wondering--I LOVE IT! It has been so much better than the life I had been living, I have a purpose and motivation to get up in the morning and take on the world. Life being married does have things to get used to, or just moving to a totally new place. (its my 4th move in my entire life: Heaven, then to Earth, In a place called Arizona, then still in Arizona, moved to Thatcher, and finally here in Paulden.)
I don't have a job as of now, I babysit my little nephews--and occasionally a niece, little Sadie. I love those little guys. Like Adam, they stole my heart. We have fun playing in the mud, making pancakes, watching Curious George (Esp. if I need to get homework done), making newspaper hats, and generally getting utterly messy.
I teach the 3 year-old Sunbeam class too on Sundays. Oh I love them too! They have so much energy that its pretty difficult for them to stay still. Therfore, I get creative in my lesson plans. Currently their favorite lessons are the ones that involve a 'supprise', they ask me: "What color is it? Green..orange...? Is it CANDY?!" I only have 3 of them, which gives me time to listen and to have fun with them. I believe that it is a crucial time in a life, those first 8 years, mean a lot and so I like to believe I am helping aid the development of a child. (Makes me feel like I have purpose and I feel warm and fuzzy!)
Oh before I tottally forget-- Adam's band is kicking off like crazy! 10CENTSUNDAY! I gotta tell you, they have a sound that is like none other, and their music has heart, clean lyrics, and Adam is there! Check out his MIND BLOWING solo in Dr. Seuss--on YouTube.com, look up :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BENgDTlCuTo or even just type in 10centSunday in the search box and you can find all their songs. We didn't get them professionally recorded, but one day you will see them or hear them on the radio--ROCKIN' it!
Adam works as a truck driver for UDI, his Dad's trash company. Ah--I know what you all are saying, but heck its gotta be done. I even help him every once in a while, we wash cans mostly--man you haven't lived until you've washed trash cans! I have smelt smells I have never smelt before (and don't ever want to again!)... According to Adam all trash begins to smell the same ,(he lies..or has a indifferent noes.) Its an interesting job and he comes home with crazy stories like, .... how he got attacked by a dog!--No worries though--he's okay. The dog looks worse than him. (*evil laugh*) --So other than working with the trash business, on Mondays Adam does guitar lessons for a boy in our ward. I go with him and help just babysit. Adam is a FANTASTIC teacher and the kid is pretty smart, I believe he will do great things!
Speaking of great things.. I am going to pass my math class THIS semester! No joking around this time, I am out to get my Associates Degree so that I can move on and start on my degree in Child Development, and probably Art as well. I just can't get that paint out of my blood, it runs in me just like that life giving crimson. I am taking my class at Yavapi, College Algebra, I know nobody at Yavapi, but get this--my nephew Ben, who is 13, sits next to me in class!--Okay its not really my nephew, but I swear it looks like him! My teacher is a little spacey, and we still question if she knows her stuff.... but other than that its a good class.
Well I love my life, I love the little cabin we live in and the fact that we sleep up in our loft. The cabin is the size of a normal living room, perfect for the two of us. We live our days with struggles, decisions, a tiny fridge, and our love. I think what makes it all worth it, is that after I am all done with changing diapers and countless children questions, is when I come home and Adam is there. I love him with all my heart. Its the best best decision that I have made in my ENTIRE life. I wish I could spill my love for him out into words, but its not explained in words. It is an innate feeling, and something deep in my skin. And what I remember on our wedding day, is that night at the reception, dancing to "I Can't Stop Loving You", a version sung by Keith Urban. It explains us fully, it explains all the times when he had to leave me, and we spent a lot of our engagement away from each other. But that night, and for the rest of our lives, we will spend our days, months, years, and forever together.
Have a good day, and remember life is WORTH living. There is always somebody that needs you, always an open door to a new life, so DON'T give up.
2 comments:
Hey Rebecca, just checked out your blog, and I love it. Thanks for finding me in the blogging world.:)
When did you get a blog? So happy! I love you sister.
Post a Comment